04 Mar Are you interested in a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is any combination of cosmetic procedures that restore your before-pregnancy appearance, typically focusing on the breasts and abdomen. A typical makeover might include a tummy tuck, a breast procedure such as an augmentation, lift or reduction and liposuction of the legs, arms or trunk. The term “mommy makeover” may be new, but the procedures involved have a long, successful, and safe track record.
Is a “mommy makeover” right for you?
- Did your pregnancy has negatively affected the size and shape of your breasts
- Are you’re distressed about your sagging tummy and stretch marks
- Are pockets of fat on your waist, abdomen, arms or thighs not improving with diet and exercise
If you answered “yes” to these questions, a mommy makeover in Nashville, TN, may be just what you need.
Pros and Cons of a Mommy Makeover
- Restores a more youthful bust and flat tummy
- Your clothes and swimwear will fit better
- Helps you return to a more youthful-looking body appearance
- If you get breast implants, they will require monitoring and possibly replacement.
- Pregnancy following these surgeries may compromise results.
- Weight gain following these surgeries may compromise results.
Are you a good candidate for a mommy makeover in Nashville, TN?
Mommy makeovers are designed to reverse the physical changes associated with childbearing and aging. If childbirth has left you with the following characteristics, consider undergoing a mommy makeover:
- You have sagging breasts, uneven breasts, decreased breast volume, drooping nipples and stretched areolas (the dark skin surrounding the nipple).
- Your breasts have become so much larger after childbirth that they are out of proportion with the rest of your body and they cause back pain.
- Your tummy has loose skin and stretch marks and your waistline has become thick and undefined.
- You had a C-section and now you have areas of fat hanging over your surgical scar.
- You have excess fat in the love-handle area as well as in the hips and thighs.
- You have early signs of aging in your face and around the eyes.
If you are in good general health and have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
What does a Mommy Makeover Involve?
Mommy makeover is a descriptive term, not a procedure, so your first step is to consult with your Nashville, TN plastic surgeon and decide on the procedures you will undergo. The following procedures described below are common to mommy makeovers. You can find more extensive information on each procedure in the Smart Beauty Guide.
Tummy tuck – also known as abdominoplasty
What it does
A flabby abdomen results from fat, poor skin elasticity, excess skin, and stretching of the inner girdle of connective tissue (fascia) and abdominal muscles (rectus muscles), extending from the ribs to the pubic bone. This inner girdle, which holds the internal organs in place, gets stretched during pregnancy or weight gain and the stomach protrudes. Abdominoplasty removes loose, excess skin and fat and tightens slack fascia, removing stretch marks and excess skin in the lower abdomen below the belly button.
Liposuction – also known as lipoplasty
What it does
A tummy tuck may narrow your waist, but not your hips. Liposuction can improve the contour of flanks or hips, so the Nashville plastic surgeon performing your mommy makeover will likely recommend liposuction of the hips and thighs at the same time as a tummy tuck. Liposuction is also effective in the chest, thighs, neck, upper arms, and knees.
Breast lift – also known as mastopexy
What it does
A breast lift or mastopexy treats sagging and uneven breasts, decreased breast volume, drooping nipples, and stretched areolas, returning a youthful shape and lift to your breasts. Women who desire larger, smaller, or more rounded breasts may want to consider a breast augmentation or breast reduction along with the breast lift.
What it does
During pregnancy, your breasts usually swell to a fuller size and shape. In some women, the breasts remain larger. This can be a welcome change unless your breasts have become disproportionately large and cause pain, poor posture, rashes, breathing problems, skeletal deformities, or low self-esteem. Breast reduction solves these problems by removing fat and glandular tissue and tightening skin to produce smaller, lighter breasts.
Breast augmentation – also known as augmentation mammoplasty
What it does
Breast augmentation increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants, or fat grafting.
Breast lift combined with breast augmentation
If you want your breasts to be larger in addition to being less droopy, or if you desire to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound and your drooping is severe, your Nashville, TN plastic surgeon may recommend a breast lift combined with a breast augmentation as part of your mommy makeover.
Because a mommy makeover is really about you and how you want to look, you should Contact us today in Nashville, TN, for a consultation to consider all your options. It may be just one procedure is all you need. Or, you may wish to develop a more comprehensive mommy makeover plan.